Sunday, August 29, 2010

Trip to Central Square

This past week, Tom and I visited this lovely little farm in the middle of nowhere in Central Square, NY.  It is Named FFF.  Foster Funny Farm and is inhabited by a dog, 4 cats (could be more), two Horses and an abundance of wild life.  There is a beautiful home and a barn.















Oh and the occupants of the home are very nice people as well.  Dave and Chris Foster.

Chris, Dave and a Classic Javelin 
We were treated to a tour of the facilities and learned a great deal about living in the out back.  There is much maintenance and upkeep in a farm.  A lot of work.  I have great empathy for Chris, because Dave is a little out there himself.  He is as big as a horse, built like a pro wrestler, has a permanent grin on his face and a twinkle in his eyes.  And he races go carts.  Somehow he was able to hook up with Chris, this very smart, sweet and beautiful woman.  And they are perfect for each other.  Rare indeed.

Dave trying to Sign Love, Coordination ??
Their horses are rescues.  One is a Standardbred (Pacer / Trotter) and the other is a Quarterhorse (Rodeo).  I will probably get this wrong but one was called 'Ace' and the other I think was called 'Trixie'.  I am sure you all have heard of 'baby sitters'.  I would even bet that most have heard the expression 'house sitters'.   Well maybe some of you have heard the following, but frankly it was new to me.  Horse Sitters.  When ever Chris and Dave go away, they have to have someone come and take care of their horses.


I bring this up because I got to thinking about a future site for a proposed reunion.  In my mind the central spot for a reunion was Eastern, PA maybe the Pocono's.  In my mind I picked this spot because it was central to all.  After my visit to the FFF, I got to thinking that if we tried to do something in Eastern, PA, either Chris or Dave would stay home to spoil, no I mean take care of their horses.  So as another potential site, how's about Auburn, NY.   Just a thought.  What do you think?  Ya'all take care.  Love, D.

1 comment:

  1. It was so great to have Uncle Doug & Tom out to the farm! It was certainly a highlight of our summer!

    Thanks you so much!
    Love,
    Dave & Chris

    ReplyDelete